Finding difficulty figuring out how to take a screenshot of your laptop screen? You are at the right place. Navigate to the best method. Or just keep reading our quick guide to help you capture your laptop screen. All these methods will work for Windows Users. (Windows 10, Windows 7) if you want how to take a screenshot fro Mac Head-On here.
Method 1: Using Keyboard Shortcuts Key (Quickest)
Method 3: Using a software
Let’s find out How to Take a screenshot in a laptop:
If you want to capture a screenshot with the help of the keyboard follow these steps. This is the quickest and most recommend method if you wish to include a complete screen or compete for the application window.
Press Windows Key+PrtScreen [ ⊞ Win + ⎙ Print Screen ] to quickly take the entire screenshot of the laptop and save it. The screenshot will be saved in your Capture folder inside the picture Folder.
The Destination folder where the captured screenshot will be saved is “Default Drive:\Users\\Pictures\Screenshots”
There are two more options if you want to copy the screenshot, but not save them.
- .Keyboard shortcut key to take a screenshot of the complete screen. For taking a screenshot of the entire screen, press the Print Screen or PrtSc [⎙ Print Screen] key.
- Keyboard shortcut key to capture only the active window. To take a screenshot of only the active window, press down the Alt key while pressing ⎙ Print Screen
Make sure to paste them where you want to. Also open the window on the active screen for which screenshot has to be taken.
Windows Laptops have one of a very helpful tool that helps in snapping screens according to need. This is recommended when you want to save only a section of the screen. The snipping tool also allows you to edit on a basic level. How to take a screenshot on a laptop with Snipping Tool? The Steps are:
- Open the Snipping Tool by searching in the windows search box.
- At the Snipping tool, Click on NEW to start capturing. You can also select the mode which you require. Here we have taken rectangular mode.
- Move the crosshair to the starting point and click to start taking a screenshot, then drag to select an area. You cancel anytime by pressing the Esc button.
- After you are done, a new window will open. Click Save and select the file destination for your screenshot.
Method 3: Using software. How To Take Screenshot on Laptop?
This method is no different than the second method where we used the snipping tool. It is just that the snipping tool is our default window application (software) that they provide. Though there are many popular tools that can be installed on the PC and can be used to take snapshots of our screen. We list down some of the best screenshot tools for laptop users.
- Snagit is a product of TechSmith Software Company. A user can add comments on the captured screenshot using arrows, shapes, etc. It has built-in advanced image edition options and screen recording facility.
- Camtasia is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor. It supports Windows and Mac OS. Recording and producing professional-looking videos will be easier with Camtasia. Camtasia will help you with various use cases like video tutorials, meeting recordings, webinar recordings, training videos, instructional videos, etc.
- FastStone Capture is a screen capture tool, which easily captures the entire screen in various forms such as rectangular, fixed region defined by the user, etc. This will solve your inquiry about how to take a screenshot on the laptop. The captured images can be sent to the printer, clipboard, and email. The captured images can be uploaded to social media sites or other websites.